Another week of recordings in Chicago. After MUCH deliberation, John and I decided to try Lou Malnati's recipe. The first location we went to was chuck full of people, so we drove around until we found one without wait time. It worked for John since they were showing the college basketball games.
The place was deceptively big. We ate on the second floor, surrounded by TVs. It was a bit awkward - our first trip together since John officially joined the team and I gotta say it was a struggle to find what to talk about. And for John it was a struggle to decide on what to eat. I ended up asking for a salad with a lovely vinaigrette
It was nice and filling in a good way with your regular salad offenders (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, romaine). It did take forever to arrive, it felt. But then again, we were starving.
For the main course I chose an individual pepperoni deep dish pizza. I'd never had one before and I can't say that I will be having many in the future... it wasn't bad, it just wasn't... pizza.
Too many years of eating New York Style have probably biased me too much in order to enjoy it properly. Don't get me wrong, I ate up all of that sucker, but it wasn't cheesy enough for me, and the sauce isn't so good to warrant such a "deep" container. The crust was almost like pie - barely a shade away from sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment