Monday, December 5, 2011

California Dreaming, Day 1

Today starts a week long tour of California. Super excited about it - except that I hurt my hand while playing Volleyball yesterday. My hand felt like hell while flying and all I kept thinking was that my thumb was broken. But, I'm nothing if not a professional, and so I got on a plane, on my own with two bags of equipment and flew all the way to San Francisco Airport to meet up with Kevin.

From San Francisco he drove us to Salinas, California. It's not a small town at all, but it has that kind of feel. However, blocks away from our hotel we found an In-n-Out, and that just made my night. It's simple, delicious, and you've got those little bible verses pre-printed on the food wrappers to entertain you.

After, Kevin and I made our way to Salinas Valley Emergency Group Hospital. The place, was amazing. I was seen almost immediately, and I was incredibly impressed by the equipment and how organized it all was. Ah, to have health insurance and have a private hospital nearby! My thumb was only sprained, but it meant that I get to spend my week with my hand looking like this:

Oh yea. Really looking forward to setting up the equipment and writing my log sheets. /end sarcasm.

No comments: