So, last year Mi Cariño and I did a gingerbread house to celebrate the holidays. This year she came up with the idea for us to do our own ornaments.
We met after work in Queens, and the setting this time was cozier. We made the ornaments with pieces of cloth, needle and thread. It was easy, since I've done similar things with manualidades growing up, but I'm just not really good at combining colors and what not. We were there with Mi Cariño's friend/coworker Becky, who chose some really nice colors, as did Mi Cariño. Ah well, everyone has their own strengths. Here's the finished product:
Mine is in the bottom left, the one with the crazy colors. Mi Cariño's is the beautiful one up top.
Afterward we were all ready for dinner, and so we walked to Wave, a Thai place we've been to several times now, but it's quite tasty. In an effort for something different, I went with Tofu Cashew Nut: onions, mushroom, carrots, baby corn and peppers. Couple that with some white rice:
YUM! I quite enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll be able to continue coming up with fun Holiday things to do in the years to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment