Friday, April 27, 2012

Adios Minnesota!

On our last day in Minneapolis, I tried to do a repeat of the awesome breakfast at Al's Diner. Alas, the line was too long and we didn't have that much time before showing up for work. So we walked around the neighborhood and found Tony's Diner.

I went with a potato hash, toast, and a veggie omelette topped with american shredded cheese.

It wasn't the same as eating at Al's, but it hit the spot for the morning.
Work was smooth and we were out early enough that we attempted to look and see if there was any possibility to check out the lgbt night life in Minneapolis, a city that is supposed to be super gay friendly. Everything looked like it would start after 10pm and both of us were ready to be asleep early, what with the flying out of the city mad early in the morning. We fell into my old fave: enter Taste of Thailand.

We each had us some singh thai beer and veggie spring rolls.

I went with my tried and true choice: tofu pad thai.

I was not impressed with the sauce flavor, but the tofu was good and firm, well scalded, so not all was lost. A good way to end the visit, only sad I didn't get to see Dawn again.

No comments: