Our second day in Minneapolis was smooth workwise - work went by quickly and we were stuck with an extra short lunch hour, and so we just crossed the street to make a quick stop by Peter's Grill. I went for simple and had a grilled cheese sandwich with vegetable soup.
I can't say that this simple choice led me to understand why Peter's Grill was so crowded, or highly rated on yelp and what not.
For dinner I was on my own, since Bea needed a break, and I needed to mellow out. After my different choices I went with the hotel's restaurant and seriously, who remembers the name of hotel restaurants? I do, however, have pictures of the meal: an organic turkey meatloaf, wrapped in bacon with mashed potatoes.
Not impressed. The sauce had mushrooms and a nice thick gravy flavor, but that was it. I needed to take away the taste with some pecan pie a la mode.
Much more impressed with this, but it wasn't the best thing ever, either.
Soon after, Bea and I met up to drive a little ways to go see a play made out of "The House of Mango Street," which I found out was happening through my Carino, who loves the collection of short stories.
Since it's been a while since I read the book, the play was fresh and exciting. I think they did an okay job of adapting the stories and the actors were pretty nice, especially older Esperanza. I think, though, that the source material is better as short stories than as a play.






No comments:
Post a Comment