Friday, August 19, 2011

Diners and Dives

Sometimes Dinner calls for breakfast. After a 10 hour workday, we walked to Philadelphia Deli, to have some chow. The place is in a very old shack looking structure, where the tables look like they've been there 20 years and the chairs and booths 30 at the very least.

Our waiter greeted us by calling us Dear every other second, and looked like she should've retired a good 15 years ago. She was quite lively and spry. I chose to have me a sausage and cheese omelette with potatoes and toast.


It was quite tasty and I devoured everything in sight. After the waiter found out that we were from out of town, she came over to make sure she knew where we were from and our business in town, before insisting we had some of the pecan pie before we left. I didn't want to be rude, so I said yes. She added some ice cream:


I kept thinking of When Harry Met Sally. Pe-CAHN Pie! Susan and I left nothing behind.

Afterwards, Susan and I decided that a movie was needed, because we needed to dispel the last dregs of the very long day. I didn't tell her I had seen Bridesmaids already, so we watched that. It was kind of weird and funny, because we laughed a whole lot more than anyone else in the theater (being Friday night, the small place was chock full of couples and a couple of female friends.) Not sure why - they laughed the most at the bathroom humor in the midst of the film, but I still find that opening scene beyond hilarious.

No comments: