Monday, November 7, 2011

I will love you 'til my dying day...

Finally the day arrived to go see Brandi Carlile in Concert. After an amazing birthday weekend that included dinner at Cesar's, and an Idina Menzel concert, this was just the way to start my 31st year in this earth with a bang. Because we felt like it, Mi Cariño and I stopped by Heartland Brewery first. I was craving a real meatloaf after my Chicago experience. 

First, some pumpkin ale, which brought many memories of sneaking to the Heartland Brewery at the bottom of the Empire State Building with my friends during lunch hour. 

They had a pre-fixe deal and so we went for it. Thus the Spinach Dip appetizer

To my deep disappointment, the meatloaf had been taken off the menu. I made do with some steak and potatoes. 

The meal ended with some pie. It was not very memorable. 

We spent the rest of our time at the restaurant trying to guess which of the groups present were also attending Brandi's concert (since Heartland was practically next to the concert hall.)


Brandi was everything I imagined she would be live, and the best part was to get to share her with Mi Cariño. 

No comments: