Mariel and I took one of the newest Facils on her first trip - kinda local but there were planes involved. Welcome to Syracuse!
The flight there from NY is short - we spent more time waiting for the plane than on the plane itself, I felt. Once we arrived though, we went out in the search of food. We decided on Eva's European Sweets, a Polish Restaurant, which apparently has been around forever.
The place had a really funky vibe, with about a gazillion knicknacks on top of every available surface.
We chose to share an order of the potato pancakes, and each ordered a different set of pierogi's.
The potato pancakes made me wish we weren't sharing an order. My pierogi's were the potato and mushroom and frankly I wasn't too wowed by them, but I did taste Mariel's and Katie's and they were delish.
After food, Katie and I went to the Erie Canal Museum to kill time while Mariel went off with the car. We got to see replicas of Canal boats
And other nifty things about the Canal. We finished the evening by walking around downtown Syracuse, were we saw some woman putting these "hats" on these sculptures:
We couldn't figure out the point, but they looked cute.
All in all, not a bad first day in Syracuse.









No comments:
Post a Comment