Sunday! Not a bad day considering it was working in a weekend. I began the day by treating me to some breakfast: two eggs sunnyside up, hash browns, toast.
Our last day of recording went by really smoothly and quickly. The weather was great. We got lunch to go from Kavarna. I forgot to take a picture of the actual food. I had the rabbit, which is a sandwich of lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumbers in a light vinaigrette. This came with some kettle chips, and we shared a white macademia cookie.
We celebrated the end of the trip by going for frozen custard, which apparently is pretty big in Wisconsin. In case you don’t know, frozen custard is ice cream… richer and creamier. We drove out to Zesty’s, listening to the Glee soundtrack (I’m sure to Matt’s concern).
Zesty’s has an old soda shop type of feel, with great colorful decoration on the walls. They also sold your regular French fries and burgers fare.
We both chose to have the Seven C’s, which I learned consists of chocolate custard, cashews, caramel, cookies, chocolate chips, and chocolate fudge nuts. I ordered one scoop and Matt ordered two, but we received two and three scoops respectively. Score!
Sinfully delicious doesn’t begin to cover it. The hardest part of it all was having to stop myself from eating the full two scoops.
For “dinner” and since we had taken care of desert already, we headed to Titletown – a brewery a couple of blocks from our hotel. (Don’t drink and drive, kids!) Great crowd was there. Can I say that Green Bay probably has more bars/pubs/breweries per capita that New York City does? One in every block friends, one in EVERY block! Almost. In any case, the locals were friendly and they didn’t mind that we asked to have the tv’s showing the Mets-Yankees game. We tried several of their beers, with my favorite one being the “Irish Blood” something or other. Great after finish.
After several drinks, cursing out Jeter and drunkenly making the lame joke that Feliciano Rodriguez is probably Alex Rodriguez’ cousin some food was ordered. We had the fried cheese curds as appetizers
and the bison burger as my main entrée. The burger was a bit rare for my taste, but I was just tipsy enough to not care.
And then the Mets win! 6 to 4. Closer than I’d have liked, but a win is a win.
No comments:
Post a Comment