So I've worked at my present job now for 10 months... but with weekends and vacation days and what not, yesterday was workday number 197. All in all it was a good day. Although like any place of employment my job has its downsides, I LOVE my Job, like seriously I do. It takes me to all these places I'd otherwise never see, I meet awesome people, get a chance at some great food, I get to accumulate frequent flier miles.
Yesterday was one of those good days: After a good, thorough morning workout, Workday was long, full, but also very smooth and I got the job done happily. I met me some extremely cute little old ladies that make me smile just remembering them. We had a simple lunch that consisted of bread and hummus and cucumbers, since I forgot the peanut butter that is a key ingredient in a PB&J Sammich.
After work we stopped at a WalMart and purchased some shorts and some chanclas and rode for about 30 or so minutes to South Padre Island, TX. Beautiful Sand!
It was gorgeous. I didn't get in the water to swim right away, but walked on, letting the waves kiss my feet before I found me a good corner where I attempted to build a sand castle, without any tools but
my hands, and a business card. Enter the StoryCastle!
Not so bad, considering!
After all that work I went in the water to de-sand, but didn't really swim - the waves weren't that big/exciting, but the water was close to warm and it felt good against my body.
After quickly changing by the car we drove around until we found The Big Donkey, one of the restaurants in South Padre that had been recommended to us. I had the blackened fillet o' fish (what kind of pescado? I don't remember!) smothered with onions, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. It came with a side of rice. I like the way they cook Mexican rice around here. It doesn't have the flavor that most Tex Mex places in NYC (and everywhere else I've been so far) has.
Whatever the fish was, it was very fresh, but also kinda bland. What I really enjoyed was the awesome smothering factor of the peppers and onions.
On the way back to the hotel we stopped by a Dairy Queen for some soft serve vanilla ice cream.
Yeah. I love this job.



No comments:
Post a Comment