Began the long weekend by using the teenagers staying at my place as an excuse to go see Eclipse, the third installment of the "Twilight Saga." After work, teenagers and I took the new M all the way to 23rd Street, which I admit was pretty nice, and only a 30 minute commute. Pity I don't go to that side of the City that often anymore! Anyway, after we purchased our tickets we realized that thanks to the new M we had tons of time to kill, and three empty bellies. Enter Rin Thai Restaurant, which is across the street from the Clearview.
I know, I know, I eat a lot of Thai food, but hear me out: the teenagers are Vegan, and I think we'll all agree with the fact that the easiest meal you can share with a Vegetarian/Vegan is Thai, because you'll find something good and yummy for the meat eaters, as well as for the veggie lovers. It was also their first time having Thai food and if there's something I love is providing people with "first time" experiences. My meal was something you've seen more than once already in the last couple of months - vegetarian dumplings
Followed by, Surprise Surprise, Tofu Pad Thai
The teenagers also had noodles. About my Pad Thai - I had mixed feelings. The noodles were perfect! But they gave me barely sauteed tofu, which is a big no no in my book. I like my Tofu with a good scald going - makes it fun to chew. But also, I like marinated tofu. You know, you dip it in some ginger or garlic water for a day or two before you cook it. It's worth it, let me tell you.
As soon as we left the restaurant we crossed the street to find us some good seats. We also agreed to scream "Oh Edward" when said Vampire appeared on screen, pretty much swoon with the hotness of Jacob when he came on the screen, (but make sure you whimper when his shirt is off,) and to loudly hiss when Bella was on the screen as apparently the teenagers agreed that she was selfish for wanting both Jacob and Edward and does not deserve either of them. Hmm. I said nothing about this, because I kinda want K-Stew for myself. She might be young, but she's a hottie. I get some real guilty/pleasurable feelings when it comes to her.
I'll say one thing about Eclipse: there are a lot of close ups. I mean, like really, there are a lot of close ups. Which I didn't mind when K-Stew was on the screen. Or the kid that plays Jacob. He really is cute. Otherwise the movie was alright - I enjoyed it more than the first two, although not much of anything happens on this one. They were pretty faithful to the book, so, huzzah to them! In any case I spent the ride back to the house explaining to the girls the amazingly long list of things that is wrong with the movie/books in themselves, but I don't feel like making you suffer through all of that. Suffice it to say that even though I find the books a great way to take your mind off of things that may be bothering because they are very plot driven, they are horrifically bad. I mean, like really amazingly super bad. And yes, I'll be seeing the next two films any way, cuz I'm a sucker like that.
The best part of the night, though? Seeing the preview for the next two Harry Potter Films in the big screen. I CANNOT wait til November when the next installment is out! Seriously.


No comments:
Post a Comment