I'm so behind on my postings, I wonder if it's even worth it to do all of the one's I've missed. But I'll do a big Combo and include most of the stuff I've been meaning to enter.
So, let's start with the diners! This month I visited my two favorite diners in NYC with two of my favorite ladies.
First it's Gemini, in Kips Bay or Midtown East, where I took mi Cariño because I was hankering for this: A Chicken Salad Triple Decker.
I've yet to taste a better chicken salad. Or better coleslaw. This is one of my biggest guilty pleasures but also it's total comfort food. I love the Gemini, and have about 10 years worth of memories from that place.
The other diner also has a lot of history, but not as deep and personal. Went to this one with Stephanie after work, this time on Midtown West. I had me the Buffalo Chicken Wrap.
The wrap was great, and the coleslaw is decent, but the diner has now started a "new plates, smaller portions" redesign deal, that although generally more healthy, like Steph told me it sucks since that's not the reason we go eat at places like these. I love that 95% of the time that I've eaten there has been with her. The last time we were there, it was right before my second date with mi Cariño. I also had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap then. I need to start being more adventurous with my meals.
Speaking of adventure, Lily and Kenisha kidnapped me for lunch this last Friday and took me to a Thai place in Brooklyn off of the Bergen Stop on the G Train. I can't remember the name - and Lily doesn't either! I'll edit this later and include all of that. We ordered off of the lunch special menu. First off a nice tiny salad
Very sweet and spicy. This was followed by some crispy fried Egg Rolls
And these were very yummy. Then I surprised myself by NOT ordering Tofu Pad Thai. But now I can't remember the name of what I ordered! Spicy Flat Noodle with Tofu is the easiest way to describe it. It might also be the plate's name.
It was good. Well worth taking the extra long lunch hour.






No comments:
Post a Comment