Ah yes. This day was a half a month ago! But I will keep my promise of posting a poem for every April day, and since I did eat out, I shall post a picture. It was my first full day in Miami with Mi Cariño, and we began by having some Tostada Cubana for breakfast, which is really just Cuban bread toasted with butter, and then went to Pride Salon to get our feetsies prettyfied.
Soon after we left for Miami Beach, where the Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade was going on, and we had us a good time watching the homogays prancing around the place and I tried my hardest to get me some beads for once in my life and now they're sitting in my room doing absolutely nothing, cuz really what do you do with plastic cheap beads? But they're purple, so yay.
After lots of friend searching, walking around and general gaying of the self, we had some food at some restaurant on Ocean Drive. I do not remember the name. I do remember the pizza.
We went total veggie with tomato basil and mozzarella. Kudos to Mi Cariño for eating tomatoes.
The day went on in spectacular awesome fashion, with us heading back to the Salon to get our hair did and ending with a great get-together with a bunch of people that were nice to me even though they didn't have to, cuz they're cool like that.
This House
There are pictures in this house
of you and your brother,
your "sisters," "your mothers,"
are all over this house.
There are memories in this house
of love and pain, learning, giving,
these memories are breathing
all over this house.
There is laughter in this house
deep within its walls
jumping out as loud as the fights
over this house.
You're all over this house
in a way I once used to be in mine
and as I can find the teenage you
hidden in the folds of the couch
I wonder how I fit in
this house,
if I fit in this house
does that mean I don't fit in mine?
and will I ever be able to provide you
with what you found in this
house?
Pictures, memories, laughter,
"sisters," and "mothers," love and pain,
learning and giving, walls that are breathing
with history and history and tell me will you
cast me aside if we can't recreate
this house?
© Yazcaminante, 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment