All Mondays should be like this one. Slow and sweet, with only a responsibility or two to keep things from getting too sluggish.
For lunch we stopped by Las Islas Canarias, where I had me some Pan con Bistec, which is supposed to be some quintessential Cuban meal. Never heard of it. It was quite tasty, but there were no surprises... it tastes just as you would imagine it does.
Before the Bistec, however, I had this croqueta-like thing. I cannot remember for the life of me what they were. Obviously, although pretty looking, not very memorable. Yucca something? Who knows. The sauce was the good thing about it.
El famoso Pan con Bistec, came with some chips.
And now, to some poetry.
Boo!
I like
that we talk during movies,
that our fingers fight
over popcorn,
that you'll always lean over
to kiss me
when the movie starts.
It reminds me of a time
back when our dates went by
number, and popcorn spilled,
slushie given and kisses
were new, you
leaned in to kiss and I
leaned in to kiss and I
forgot for a second
or two
my name and
social security number and
my city and state, please,
because your lips are
delicious enough to scare away
knowledge, thought, fear
every time.
© Yazcaminante, 2011


No comments:
Post a Comment