Make your heart stop, stop
It could happen across the world without one knowing
because what's relevant and important is measured by
different rules. Nowadays a Status Feed is a news ticker
and today the news were all about feeling hot, hot, hot,
and less about lives lost in lands faraway
but slowly the word terror sneaks in
terror
terrorist
terrorist attack
but later, with more details its
madman
madman
because that's the difference
a religion makes.
Explosives, inhabited buildings
the everyday disrupted,
young lives, parents running,
Mad Terror.
We relate more to the known,
this I know. And all I know is
dates, like April 19th,
September 11th,
April 20th,
March 11th,
July 7th,
and all I know is that at some point someone thought
this would be the answer and all I know is
endless sun, and "my heart was left in..."
Oh Oslo.
© Yazcaminante, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment