This will be my shortest "review." I love Deathly Hallows - it reads so quickly! Which I kind of wish it didn't, because I want it to go on and on! but alas, it doesn't. The best part of it all, I think, is that at the end of the book I don't feel like "Oh, but they didn't address this."
Let's start from the beginning. Harry, Ron and Hermione drop out of school and go off in search of Horcruxes - pieces of Voldermort's soul, in order to be able to destroy him. Gone is the safety of Hogwarts, the warmth of their beds at night. Teachers can't fix it all. (Not that they ever could, really) Harry follows-through on the progress he made on Half Blood Prince and is more decisive and sure of himself. Ron and Hermione grow as individuals, and grow together. In the meantime, we get an amazing adventure with enough angst, insight and love to fulfill any HP fan. It's just delicious.
The most satisfying part, at least for me, is Snape's redemption. Getting to hear his back story, seeing his love for Lily, how everything was planned between him and Dumbledore. And that even through the romance, the getting together, the book remains about this guy, and his two best friends (who are above all, his family.)
No comments:
Post a Comment