Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Center's Garden Party

Soooo I finally attended the Garden Party. The weather was perfect. Everyone walked around happily, the food for the most part was delicious. I had my camera with me. But I was actually having too good a time to actually remember to stop and take pictures of what I ate and liked.

So, some of the restaurants/places that stood out: Bedford Gourmet had this wonderful goat cheese thing with beets that was perfect. I didn't taste their tuna, mostly because I'm not into raw. This Chick Bakes was in attendance and their cookies were perfect. Pinche Taqueria with their clever name had excellent chicken tacos. Klee Brasserie was also great, but right now I only remember the name, since I had to throw out my "menu". At some point I tasted some deep fried goodness - but I don't know where from. A chicken Asian Salad was given to me towards the end of the night and I do not know from which restaurant - but I'm sure Steph and Alex remember them, so I'm not worried about not eating at that place again. Ketel One was all over the place - the best one was the Ketel One Orange and Seven Up drink one of the volunteer bartenders suggested.

My only regret is that I filled up rather quickly. Or rather my disappointment. I am indeed ashamed of myself. Guess I'll have to try again next year ;)

No comments: