Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Meet cha at the swimmin' hole

Second day in Austin. Work went by quickly and smoothly, to which: booyah. Right after work Matt and I rushed to our rooms to change, grab some towels and then off we were to Barton Creek.

We had the inside information and knew we had to keep up walking upstream to find the spot where the locals hang. And when they say "walk upstream" they mean hike for about 20 minutes.
But the hike was well worth it. There were plenty of people there but it still was empty enough to have a good swim and to sun dry with space.
People were very chill, some women even sunbathed with their tops off and the water felt great after laying in the sun for a bit. I tried my hardest, but I did not tan.

After all that "resting" food was required. We picked up Natalia and stopped by the twin liquors store to buy a six pack - the place we were going was BYOB. We chose Indian for dinner and so we headed to the G'raj Mahal. Yes. I do get a kick out of that name.
The G'Raj Mahal, as the name suggests, was in someone's Garage. It was perfect - they cooked out of this Huge Truck, tables out with awesome decoration.
I forced myself to try something different so I went with the Chana Masala. Tomato ginger stewed chickpeas, SPICY! Natalia went for the fish vindaloo and I don't remember Matt's dish, but I enjoyed it, too. Add some garlic Naan and brown ale - perfect!

No comments: