Monday, June 21, 2010

De los paises

So I mentioned in my last post, my Tio is visiting from the Dominican Republic. My sister took advantage of his plane ticket and sent me masa de empanada de yuca (the dough to make yucca empanadas.) We fried them this morning.


This is unadultered empanada - that is, no added colorants to make it reddish. To make this you take Yucca, peel it (they're really fun to peel), grate it. When you grate yucca, you get this soft, actually kinda wet result.  I don't really remember the following steps to make the dough, though (ha!) and don't feel like faking knowledge by looking it up. But if you search for "empanada de yuca" you'll find plenty of results. Fried Yucca soaks up oil, however, so if your stomach is not the kind that can take oily foods well in the morning, I suggest you eat this for lunch or dinner. In any case, thank you Manita!

No comments: