Headed to Queens after work last Wednesday, to spend some much needed down time with my best boy. We toured his neighborhood, walked his dog (not an euphemism) and settled for dinner at his local restaurant, Dirty Pierre's.
We sat outside, as the day was gorgeous. We also had a blast running into a former co-worker of ours. I talked my mouth off and he was kind enough to listen. For appetizers, we had deliciously spicy spanish sausages:
He also convinced me to try Mussels, which he loves. They came in this huge bowl, with warm Italian bread.
Add to that a nice glass of the house red. The bread was delicious, and the wine, whatever it was was good. The mussels though? Not so much. I don't know, I guess I'm just not much of a shellfish eater you know? I've tried so far, crab, shrimp, octopus, and now mussels. So not my cup of tea. I will try lobster, since people seem to love it so much, but I don't really expect to like it any more than I like the others.
For his main entree, he had a wonderful looking pasta. I on the other hand went with one of their wednesday specials, Meatloaf with Mashed potatoes and salad. It was downright perfect - the meat loaf was quite different from any I've ever tasted. I however deleted the picture of that by mistake. Instead, gaze at a dark pic of my boy and I



No comments:
Post a Comment