Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homecoming

After arriving at La Guardia and turning my phone on I found a text from my girls, inviting me to dinner. After dropping off the luggage and a quick shower I headed to my old neighborhood, midtown. We chose to have Korean food and so walked to K-town, but once there ran into a new Japanese restaurant and figured, why not? enter HaruHana.

The place was very nice, the decor is simple and uncluttered, with huge wooden benches for chairs that you share with the table behind you. We had vegetarian Gyozo as appetizers:

They were crispy and tasty. Very hot. Good way to start quieting the hunger. We also had edamame but I did not take a picture of that.

One thing that HaruHana had against it: maybe because they were very new, they didn't have a lot of the items in their menu, including the Vegetarian Ramen which is what I really wanted. I settled for Tofu Teriyaki.

Food came all in individual trays which was very cute but also took a lot of space on the table, which was cumbersome. The food was so good it was REALLY hard to stop eating. What a good deal.

Afterwards, we walked around, had some coffee. Not a bad way to come back home at all.

No comments: