Friday, September 3, 2010

Visible Voices

First day of recording. We started late in the day, which always throws me off my game, but luckily we're working with a great bunch of people who support Adult Literacy and held the recordings at Visible Voices bookstore, in the Historic Tremont District, which I encourage you to visit. They host wine and beer tastings at night, because really nothing goes better with a good book than a good glass of wine. I love NYC, but I can't think of that being pulled off there succesfully. For one, they'd go bankrupt because we'd all go just to drink the wine and trash the place or something. Okay, so I'm being uber-negative, but the vibe felt very "outside of NY" and they have that working for them.

Anycase, after work Naomi and I were in the mood for noodles and so we walked from the bookstore through a very nice park to bac, an asian-american bistro. We sat outside, and enjoyed the different kind of people that walked by with their dogs.

I chose the Tofu Vietnamese Noodle Salad, with thin rice noodles, lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, basil and cilantro. They topped that with dill carrot and crushed peanuts, chopped vegetarian spring roll and a sweet garlic vinaigrette.

It was to die for. And I'm very proud of me, for not ordering the Pad Thai. Check-me-out.  But now that I think about it, I may have had noodle salad in El Paso. D'oh!

No comments: