In case you don't know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, will be arriving in theaters at midnight, July 15, 2011 - exactly 107 days away.
One has to plan for these things! For part one I didn't give myself enough time to do everything properly. So here's the plan: just like last time, I want to re-read all of the books to then re-watch all of the movies. This is no small feat and as I mentioned, the last time I ended up having to cram things together and that wasn't as great as I wanted it to be.
So! The plan is to give myself two weeks with each book. I know, I know... you'll say, Caminante, some of those books can be read in a day. And some might take more than two weeks. The two week time period, however, is to give myself a cushion. Work will be getting busy come the last part of April and it promises to stay so until the end of June at least. (To which: Huzzah!). But since you can look to the left of this column and see the four books that I'm currently reading, I'll say it's not bad to think that it'll take me about 14 weeks to re-read the whole thing. I want to take my time as much as possible, and maybe even write my thoughts after each book. This way, if it only takes me two weeks to read Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets, that's a two week lee-way that I've earned for the bigger, slower to read through books like Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix.
In any case, there'll be 14 weeks for the books. Great! Then exactly a week for the movies. This one I had to give a lot of thought to - last time I tried to watch them with Ida or Cariño, and that complicated the schedule. This time around I'll give them plenty of notice so we won't have schedule problems! I'll start precisely on July 7 by watching Sorcerer's Stone. The idea is to have a movie a day, so that I won't burn out on them. However, I plan on taking July 14 and 15 off from work. The 14th will allow me to catch up with movies if for whatever reason I fall behind. The 15th is so that I can wake up as late as I want and that I can have the rest of the day to enjoy myself. This might change however - it all depends on how busy work will be and if life decides to send me any curve balls.
So that's how it goes compadres! Maybe I'll install one of those nifty countdown clocks on the sidebar. I'll keep you posted as to my progress as tomorrow I'm scheduled to begin Sorcerer's Stone. Eeep!
No comments:
Post a Comment