So I'm working at the office late afternoon when I get a text from Mi Cariño asking if I feel like taking the train to Astoria to meet up with her. Since my evening plans consisted of me cross stitching as I watched several episodes of Friday Night Lights I said "Sure!" Plus I get to see her, so score.
And to Astoria I went, riding the yellow line all the way there and in the meantime getting to do some reading which I was quite happy about. I have to admit, as nice as it is to take around 30 minutes to get to work (and 18 of those I spend walking), I sometimes miss the hour commute into the city. It gave me so much time to read and write. I wrote so many poems riding to work, riding to school! Did so much homework!
Mi Cariño and I timed our arrival perfectly since we met as both walked down the elevated train steps.
After some shopping, we had dinner at Wave a, surprise surprise, Thai restaurant. Unto the food!
First some crispy spring rolls with pineapple sauce
Followed by Tofu Vegetables with Spicy Brown Sauce and White Rice.
I decided on this dish (instead of my usual pad thai) because it is chockfull of eggplants. Yum!
The dinner and conversation were just beyond delicious. We took our time walking back to the train, (not) enjoying the cold air. I have to say, I can't wait for Spring to get here people! Well, Spring weather. Can you believe, we're already "springing" forward next week?!
In another note, this is the third time I go to a Thai place without ordering pad thai. I think my culinary taste is growing!
In any case, off to Zumba! Today's will be hard - I have to do the Cardio Party and my body is still sore from the Zumba/3 mile walking I've subjected it to for two days. Oy.


No comments:
Post a Comment