After High School, I haven't really had many opportunities to play and so I was elated when my friend Marls suggested we join a Volleyball League. I remembered Gotham Volleyball, an LGBT league that plays in the Village and that I tried joining 10 years ago, and so here we are. Marls couldn't make it but we made our way there and played our butts off for over two hours. It was beyond amazing, running around the court behind a ball. I don't know how to explain it, I know it must be a mixture of adrenaline and endorphins and I don't know what, but it feels like more than that. It's almost... spiritual.
After I made my way to Bushwick, already sore but elated, and stopped by the Church for some free food.
Moro de habichuelas negra, corn, ensalada rusa, vegetable lasagna, veggie meat, garlic bread, plus awesome purple cabbage. It was so good, it was tough to only go for one serving, but the hurting body helped me remember one was enough.
The evening ended with an email from Gotham Volleyball letting me know that I made it into their class and so now I'm looking forward to practicing and playing Volleyball at least once a week. Huzzah!

No comments:
Post a Comment