I'm spoiled. There, I've said it. My mother is an excellent cook, and now that she and my grandmother are home, I never go hungry. Between the two of them I'm in food heaven, and you know what? I'm done feeling guilty about it!
Sunday, Mi Cariño and I took our sweet time getting up and being productive, which is a nice thing to do once in a while. We followed that with rushing to the West Village for our first Volleyball Class. Thankfully this one didn't hurt the body as much as the try-outs did, but I didn't play as well as I did in the try outs. We'll see how it goes in the forthcoming lessons.
After the almost 3 hours of delicious torture I made my way back to Brooklyn where Mami and Abuela made sure I was hooked up with some locrío de pollo, with banana, and a side veggie and cabbage salad. Feast your eyes on this beautiful example of Dominican cooking:
For a close-up of the locrío:
And yes, banana and rice? beyond awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment