Finally finished stitching "Dream Home." I've been working on this piece for almost two years - I never did write down the date when I began it.
This one is a gift, but it'll be hard to say goodbye to it - Ida chose the pattern online back in 2009, when I was only working part time and looking for new things to stitch. I loved working on this piece because it's chuck full of beautiful bright colors versus a dark background. Sure, it had some cats in there, but since the piece is for Ida, I let it go.
I would say it's most definitely one of my favorite pieces I've stitched. It's specially bittersweet now that Ida has left. Helped her finish up packing her room and took a cart load of stuff to give away from her place. It was hard to see her go, but I think it's for the best right now.
Otherwise, happy 2012! I spent the rest of my vacation mostly in MA, where I hung out with my kiddies - we went bowling, to the movies, baked some delish cookies, went to the Aquarium, and watched tons of TV together.
The sugar cookies that Brichelle and I baked. They were okay - it's hard to mess up prepackaged stuff that consists of only sugar and flour. Sweet and yummy though, just like my kiddies!


No comments:
Post a Comment