Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Land of Lewis & Clark, Day Two

Day Two in Weippe. By the time I woke the place was covered in new snow and it took about 15 minutes for me to wish to be back home. We headed to Mechell's for breakfast, since it remained the only place open. They were very nice and understanding with my warm water with lemon. I got a veggie omelete with home fries. It was okay.

The day went by fairly quickly. The Weippe public library is pretty well set up - they have an entertainment center in the basement area so that teens have somewhere to come and play video games. They also have a pretty popular computer center, since the library is the only place in town where Cell Phones work, and people of Weippe can use the free wifi.

One of our participants invited us to come along with her to hike in the nearby forest in the morning. When I let her know that I didn't have real snow boots, the other participant asked me my size, said "hold on a second," and in no time at all went to her car and got me some gorgeous snow boots to borrow. I was amazed.

Dinner was once again, Mechell's. We slightly considered trying one of the bars, but figured it might just not be a good idea. I had a fish burger with curly fries.

I have to say I was very disappointed with the salmon burger. I ate about half of it but enjoyed the entirety of my fries. We took our time at the restaurant though... neither one of us wanted to go back to our tiny cabins. The nearest wifi spot outside of the library was the laundromat a good 100 feet away from the cabins. Luckily I came prepared with season two of Gilmore Girls.

No comments: