After a full day of recording, that included an extra interview and me having to deal with several extremely pushy and annoying members of the press, as well as having to "grant interviews" and what not, I decided to take a dip in the outdoor hotel pool. Since it was 102 degrees in San Antone, the water was quite warm, but it felt really good. Afterwards, Gaspar and I decided to stuff ourselves, and decided that Indian food would be it.
Enter India Palace. Hidden in a strip mall type of area, this place sells food Buffet style and from the menu, but the Buffet it's a really good deal for only 10.50 and unlimited refills. the food was freaking awesome. My first serving:
This one consisted of basmati rice, vegetable samosa, naan, and vegetable masala. Also something which name I can't remember but it was spinach and fresh cheese.
There was still room for more so I dared to get up for a third plate.
This one had Vegetable Basmati rice (seasoned with Saffron and with veggies), more Naan and Vegetable Samosa, Chickpeas, Dal Soup, and Okra Masala. The Okra was by far the best. And aslo funny, since I find it hilarious that I now love a veggie that my mother had to threaten me with physical harm in order for me to eat.
After that we rolled ourselves to our hotel rooms where I attempted to stay up to receive a phone call from mi Cariño, but ended up falling in a deep quite pleasurable sleep. Good times.


No comments:
Post a Comment