Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quién dijo que tres son muchos?

Mi Cariño took me to the New York Latino Film Festival this past weekend. One of the films we watched was Habana Eva. We went in with high expectations, Cariño being of Cuban descent, and it did not disappoint.



The Trailer really doesn't do the movie justice, but the good thing is that it translates well - you don't have to be Cuban or Caribbean in order to "get it" I think. It's in Spanish, with Subtitles, and the male eye candy present in this film is well worth the price of admission. I mean that - I spent half of the movie just "G-d Damn"ing practically every guy that appeared on screen, from the male leads to the Taxi Drivers. Fina Torres (director, auteur) likes her men pretty, apparently. Pretty breathtaking. With asses that make me jealous, because Lord knows I'd give good money to have a booty looking anywhere close as good as that of one of the male leads. And yes, the story is good - but go in with an open mind and your "magical realism" glasses on. It's not like the movie is surreal or anything like that, but I can see some people going "Wha'?" at some parts, instead of just accepting and moving on.

After the movie, Indian food happened. Cariño chose and I for the life of me don't remember the name. It's one of the many places near Baruch. Tawa Aloo Gobi, Rice, and Garlic Naan was had.



No comments: