Hello again my peeps! I write from awesomely warm Jackson, MS. Don't get excited though, we're supposed to have a thunderstorm tomorrow. I choose to enjoy the now. So, you get two awesome things in this post: first, tonight's meal, brought to you by Open Table and the recommendation of the front desk clerk.
Traveling with John this time and the one thing we agreed on with the trip was that there would be no holding back when it came to food. Enter Julep! We began the meal with some deliciously warm rolls.
They were hot and perfect and I could feel them sticking to my ribs as I ate. They were so warm, that after cutting the roll with the knife, touching the butter with the knife was enough to have it melt.
As part of the "no holding back" we went with an appetizer. We chose Eggplant Fries, because, hey, it's a vegetable!
I wasn't too excited about them though - barely tasted like eggplant (I hope it was eggplant in there) and the whole thing had obviously been fried with fish or in fishy batter.
Main entree: some fried chicken dipped in a honey batter, with red skin mashed potatoes and green beans
I absolutely ate everything on that plate and there's not an ounce of guilt in me. It was super delicioso. I mean, sure, I feel a bit sluggish now, and hella sleepy, but I've been traveling all day - don't blame it on the chicken!
In any case, it's time to turn in. But first today's poem. I decided to follow the prompt Mi CariƱo followed for today. I grabbed the nearest book, in this case it ended being Jodi Picoult's "House Rules". Don't judge. Found the first 10 complete words, wrote a poem with them. The words: I glance at It isn't. Well says it's not know
Hampton Inn
Isn't true then that the secret's in the color?
warm reds, not just cream, adorn this hotel
room, with a hide-a-way couch by a king's size bed.
At it's left there's the desk where I
seat, trying to avoid sleep, trying to forget
I didn't choose the painting on the wall.
But at a glance, the room is mine, with
its warm red walls and bedside clock
a tiny studio apartment maybe, that
lady with the 90 foot square place in the upper
west would well do wonders with this place. But
she would keep the warm red walls, because the interior
decorating magazine I read says that
warmth is what makes home, even when
I set the thermostat to 65. This
I know.
© yazcaminante, 2011.



No comments:
Post a Comment