Y'all, back in New York. Had an evening with the girls that was supposed to be all about poetry but ended up being all about bonding. A pool table will do that for you. So, in honor of my friends who cheered me up when necessary, laughed with me (and at me when I was shooting pool), and let me talk about Mi CariƱo all night long without once saying "enough already!" cuz they're sweet like that.
Oh, if we're going to talk details: Bar Nowhere. Pretty cool place, a lot more "mixed" than it used to be.
Nowhere
It's been almost five years since
we each sat down in a classroom
with the other
for the first time
three separate entities, so very
different. But I still know
the order of your favorite Sarah Waters
books from most liked to least
and you still know to stand outside
the bathroom door that won't
latch when I'm inside
and you still get philosophical
when drinking and we're still
I, you, you,
we.
And you say that friendship
like love
is knowing the worst traits
while loving the person
and I say that friendship
like love
is all about the little things
like knowing when to joke about
my tendency to play it cool,
hugging me while I speak to my love
and then checking up on me
five minutes later -
saying I love you,
and I'm OK because it's
you, you, I.
© Yazcaminante, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment