Had a busy weekend and didn't take the time to upload poetry and what not. Friday, Ida and I had a date night, and it began with dinner at the Vegan Asian Fusion Restaurant Franchia. In efforts to have something different, I abstained from the dumplings and we had lettuce rolls.
They weren't exactly what we had been expecting, but they were tasty. We were a little scared about the hard noodles that seem to follow me everywhere. For an entree, I had the Vermicelli Noodle Bibimpap Stone Bowl with extra tofu. The Bibimpap was described as a Korean Health Staple consisting of rice and various toppings served in a bowl with sauce. It can be cooked on a stone bowl to make the rice crispy (which is just an interesting version of the Dominican concon I grew up with.)
It was very good and I ate every little bit. Afterwards we walked to Times Square to watch Hanna, the new movie with Cate Blanchett, Eric Bana and Saoirse Ronan. The main conceit is that Hanna is a teenager, raised in the middle of nowhere by his father, who has trained her to become a killer.
The movie was quite interesting and the soundtrack was CHILLING and quite appropriate. I totally bought skinny little Saoirse as Hanna - the combination of her ethereal look with some quick cuts and "demonstrations" of her strength made it easy for me to believe that she could kick ass. Dad Erik has trained Hanna to essentially kill Cate Blanchett's character whose name I don't remember. Marissa something, I think. Marissa is smart enough to not put herself in front of the child and so, Hanna kills a different woman and then escapes the hands of the CIA operatives. The movie then turns into the search for Hanna and Erik. Hanna and Erik in the meantime, are making their way through Europe to Berlin, so they can meet each other.
On her way to Berlin, Hanna runs into a vacationing English family, consisting of father, mother, precocious son and hella cute and funny daughter, who was really the funniest bit of the movie. I don't want to ruin her jokes by telling them to you, but she sure made me chuckle out loud.
At the end of it all, the movie was entertaining, looked beautiful but also as gruesome as one would expect. The only thing missing for me was motivation. Marissa didn't seem to have enough motivation for her actions, and she was almost just a caricature of an evil person, obsession with clean teeth included. The movie ends in an open note and we don't know what happens to Hanna, but I hope she goes to live a life full of sunshine and music.
In other note, I failed to exercise once again. For shame.
Escucha
AquĆ estoy, y todo lo que queda
es la memoria de tu voz.
© Yazcaminante, 2011


No comments:
Post a Comment