In search of Beef with Chili, Lil Boo and I made our way to Grand Sichuan Eastern. I think its technically on the Upper East Side, but barely escaping Midtown East. I had found it through some internet searches the week before and had confirmes by calling them that they did in fact, have crispy beef.
We arrived early, the first of the dinner crowd, and were very excited about the possibilities. We ordered Veggie Dumplings to share.
For my entree I had fried tofu Mai Fun.
In hindsight I realize I should've taken a picture of Boo's Guinzo Beef with Chili, because that has been the closest we've ever found it. Good thing that she went with her instincts and ordered spicy rather than crispy. It was delish. She ate more than I've seen her eat in months. I felt like an over bearing mother, pushing food on her.
The only thing is that at the beginning they took their sweet time bringing our dumplings, and other people were eating before we were, even though we arrived first. Plus, I was going to be bad and order a beer or diet soda, but they never asked me if I wanted a drink! And I needed to feel persuaded.
Regardless, the meal was goodness and close to reasonably priced. Afterward while walking to the subway we passed a Home Depot, and since Boo had never been we went inside to have us a fun time, specially while looking ay floor models of kitchens, bathrooms, etc. We found convenient items to purchase, and felt very lesbian.
Not bad for a Monday Night.
We arrived early, the first of the dinner crowd, and were very excited about the possibilities. We ordered Veggie Dumplings to share.
For my entree I had fried tofu Mai Fun.
In hindsight I realize I should've taken a picture of Boo's Guinzo Beef with Chili, because that has been the closest we've ever found it. Good thing that she went with her instincts and ordered spicy rather than crispy. It was delish. She ate more than I've seen her eat in months. I felt like an over bearing mother, pushing food on her.
The only thing is that at the beginning they took their sweet time bringing our dumplings, and other people were eating before we were, even though we arrived first. Plus, I was going to be bad and order a beer or diet soda, but they never asked me if I wanted a drink! And I needed to feel persuaded.
Regardless, the meal was goodness and close to reasonably priced. Afterward while walking to the subway we passed a Home Depot, and since Boo had never been we went inside to have us a fun time, specially while looking ay floor models of kitchens, bathrooms, etc. We found convenient items to purchase, and felt very lesbian.
Not bad for a Monday Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment