Thursday, September 15, 2011

Latin Cabana

An afternoon of walking down Steinway in Astoria gave way to finding a restaurant that claimed to have authentic Cuban food, Latin Cabana. We walked in and talked to the owner, figured out it looked legit enough and decided to have dinner there as soon as possible.

And that we did, Mi Cariño and I with our different ideas as to how to test the place. Since my experience with "authentic Cuban food" is limited, I just go with what I think is tasty. A caribbean restaurant that can't do white rice right is not worth it in my opinion, and so I had me arroz blanco with maduros and picadillo (seasoned ground beef.)


For good measure, we tried the tostones



It wasn't the best white rice or picadillo I've ever had, but it was seriously good, and according to Mi Cariño, authentic enough. We'll be there again, for sure! 

No comments: